Monday, June 12, 2017

Challenge Link-Up Post: Final Wrap-Up


Have you finished the Back to the Classics Challenge?  Congratulations!  This is where you'll link up to your Challenge Wrap-Up Post, after you've completed a minimum of six different categories from the original challenge post.  This post is only for Challenge-Wrap Up Posts.  If you do not have a blog, or anywhere you post publicly, please write up your post-challenge thoughts/suggestions/etc in the comments section.  Please read the directions carefully. 

By linking or commenting here, you are declaring that you have completed the challenge; that each book reviewed fits the correct definition of the category, and was published before 1967 (except for posthumous publications); and that your reviews for each category are linked to the correct post. If I cannot find links to your reviews, I cannot give you credit and thus enter you into the drawing.  THIS is where I will look at the end of the year and randomly choose the winner for the bookish prize. 


Please remember to indicate within THIS post how many entries you have earned for the prize drawing and include links to your reviews. If you do NOT include links to your original reviews IN THIS POST, I CANNOT ENTER YOU INTO THE DRAWING.



  • If you've completed six categories and you get one entry.
  • Complete nine categories, and you get two entries.
  • Complete all twelve categories, and your name is entered into the drawing three times!
  • Thank you again for participating, and congratulations again for completing the challenge!

    UPDATED, VERY IMPORTANT: 

    Please be sure and include some kind of contact for me within your final wrap-up post. This year, I will be contacting the winner privately BEFORE posting their name publicly on this blog. If I cannot contact you, I cannot award your prize. If there is no contact on your blog post, please email me at karenlibrarian13 [at] yahoo [dot] com. 


    Thanks again for participating in the Back to the Classics Challenge!

    3 comments:

    1. I am finished with my 12 titles! Thanks for another year's challenge. My email is silviacachia at gmail dot com.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I'd forgotten to add my comment to this one. My email address is paulavince at internode dot on dot net. I enjoyed the years of classics very much.

      ReplyDelete
    3. This is my first year to participate in this challenge, and I’m so glad I did. I read books I would have not ordinarily read, and I am so thankful I did. I was able to finish all 12 categories, and I look forward to seeing what categories you come up for us next year. I thought the prompts gave a great variety of books to choose from. Thank you! My email address is stamping@eatel.net

      The following list contains the books I read for the 2017 Back to the Classics Challenge:

      19th Century Classic: The Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass: An American Slave

      20th Century Classic: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

      Classic by a Woman Author: Francois le Bossu

      Classic in Translation: Bonjour Tristesse

      Pre-1800 Classic: Candide

      Romance Classic: Pride and Prejudice

      Gothic or Horror Classic: Rebecca

      Classic with a Number in the Title: Three Men in a Boat

      Classic about an Animal: Animal Farm

      Classic Set in a Place You’d Like to Visit: Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass

      Award-Winning Classic: Friday the Rabbi Slept Late

      Russian Classic: The Death of Ivan Ilyich

      Shirley (stampartiste)

      ReplyDelete